Thursday, June 9, 2011

Annuntio: Support your Local Armageddon

In the ongoing fight to encourage and support the benefits of Armageddon (Negative Population Growth, less competition for resources, fodder for 24/7 cable news, etc.), 23LINES figured we'd drum up a little good will in the community and donate a Storm Raven to Old Shatter Hands over at Tau of War so that he could paint the thing pretty and provide it as part of the Heroes of Armageddon campaign to raise money for Doctors Without Borders.

Granted, the grin on Shatter Hands' face is really saying, "Oh great something else I have to paint.. when does this have to be done by?!" Meanwhile my wife caught me mid-sentence saying, "I'd never run Blood Angels gear in my Grey Knight list so get this thing off my hands right now!"

Seriously, this is a good cause. Check out Shatter's blog for a donation link.

4 comments:

Pete W said...

Good for you buddy. I'm impressed with both you and Old Shatter Hands for contributing to this great project.

I look forward to seeing more good stuff on your blog.

Pete

PS: Your wife does great work. Tell her I think Language in Magenta/Blue and Landscape Tryptic are really amazing pieces. I think a copy of each colour of the Language piece would make for a great wall display.

Morgrim Dark said...

Pete, thanks for the comment... hope you liked my tongue-in-cheek humor!

Tim (Shatter Hands) is an amazing artist and a really dedicated guy. In real life, he actually works for a non-profit getting playgrounds built for kids so everything he does is from the heart.

I will definitely let Kelli know you liked her stuff... and if you'd like to purchase any of her prints let me know ;)

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com

Pete W said...

Hey Morgrim.

Until the last couple of months I actually lived in Frederick, MD and spent time with OSH, his wife and baby fairly regularly. In fact, his daughter was born on my birthday (woohoo) and I know just how great of a guy he is. Really impressed with you both still for all that this project entails.

Please do pass on my admiration to Kelli and I will let you know when I'm in a place that I can put up prints. Thanks to OSH, I have a job teaching English in Bratislava, Slovakia that starts in July/August. Once I've gotten myself an apartment or something, I'll get back in touch and see about some artwork for it.

Thumbs up for Tim. All in all I think he's quite a good guy hehe :-)

Pete