Friday, October 15, 2010

Exemplum: Vostroyan Veteran Squad


Here are a few examples from one of my Vostroyan veteran squads. Consisting of three meltaguns, a sergeant with a power fist, and shotguns, these guys are obviously anti-armor focused. The power fist sarge model is straight out of the blister with no conversions. I had considered giving him a matchlock pistol to count as a shotgun, but decided that I didn't want to change the look of the model at all.

Next up is a meltagun toting vet. This was the basic flamer to meltagun conversion that has become the mainstay of any Vostroyan army.

Finally, we have a Vostroyan vet carrying a blunderbuss. The blunderbuss counts as a shotgun and was a simple (but effective) conversion. I had a number of blunderbuss arms left over from the WFB Empire Militia sprues that I used for my Necromundan 23rd. The hardest part was using a jewelry saw to gently remove the lasgun tips to leave a flush surface for mounting the blunderbuss muzzle. My wife commented that the blunderbuss actually looks more authentic given the period garb worn by the Vostroyans.

No comments: